Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dinner 2012!

I had the gang over for the annual birthday dinner.
This year's menu:
                                                          First course
                                                         Baby Spinach salad
                                                                    with
                    bacon, dried cranberries, candied pumpkin seeds and raspberry dressing.


                                                         Main course
                                                Pork roast with garlic and ginger
                                                                    with
                                 potatoes,gravy, black currant jelly and pickled cucumber.

                                                              Dessert
                                    Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry Semifreddos
                                                                   with
                                                     mini meringues and wafers.


.....................................................................................................

A really simple but tasty salad! Baby Spinach, crispy bacon bits, dried cranberries....  the dressing in the original recipe was half ranch dressing / half crushed and strained raspberry "sauce" with a dash of balsamic vinegar but I couldn´t find any ranch dressing so I mixed dried herbs, garlic, oil, cream, raspberry sauce, balsamic vinegar and also in the original there are candied walnuts in the salad but due to a allergy, I candied sunflower seeds instead...


I season the roast with a ginger, garlic and herb mix, salt, pepper and allowed it to marinate for a few hours ... Then I had it in the oven for 4-5 hours on a low heat! YUM-YUM!


I saw a cookery program once and they had mini meringues with a dessert and I thought:Oh! How cute and fun! I just had to make them for my dinner!











I got really nice gifts! M.E, D & J gave me a cute mug, some ginger & honey tea and a tea strainer(I needed that!)...B & T gave me a nice candle with a platter and a stone with the words *Enjoy, every minute!* engraved in it...Madde & J gave me a small frying pan for making omelets and a cool binder to put recipes in...M.J gave me a tin!!But when  i opend it there was a pendant for a necklace that she had made in it! She had taken an unopend tin, opend it and emptied from the bottom and put the pendant inside!! She is soo clever,well... they all are, my friends! Thank you everyone!! <3




This weekend I intend to sit and read a good book with my cup of honey and ginger tea, with toast and an omelette;o)

xox
Elly

6 comments:

  1. Tack själv för en trevlig kväll. Jätte god mat!!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elly Sweety, belated Birthday Smooches!!!!

    Looks like a fabulous dinner you made for everyone and such thoughtful pressies you were gifted.

    Wish I was there!

    Fiona
    xOx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) You should have been here! When I was geting ready... a moose came and started eating the apple tree! I had to run out and scare it away! You should have seen it!!

      Elly

      Delete
  3. I should have been there just for that! On a brighter note though, the moose was an angel sent directly to wish you a happy birthday! *sweet*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Du nu tycker jag att det var länge sen du skrev sist. Du fyller ju snart år igen.... Okej det kanske var att ta i...

    Fröken Höst

    ReplyDelete